Good Divorce week is a national campaign run by Family Law organisation, Resolution. The aim is to raise awareness of the impact of divorce and separation on the whole of the family.
Divorce in England and Wales
- There are over 100,000 divorces in England and Wales each year (ONS 2018)
- In 2015, 60% of divorces in England and Wales were granted on adultery and behavior, compared with just 6 – 7% in Scotland where the law is different.
- Behavior is the most common fact used for divorce.
- National Opinion Survey only showed 29% of Respondent’s to a fault based divorce said that the fact used very closely matched the reason for the separation.
What Resolution members think of the current law:
- 90% say that the Law makes it harder to reduce conflict between ex-partners
- 67% say the current law makes it harder for separated parents to reach an agreement.
- 80% feel the introduction of no fault divorce would help separating couples reach an agreement out of Court.
Taylor Bracewell support Good Divorce Week. To speak to our Family Team in Doncaster, please contact Sharon McKie on 01302 965814 or alternatively email Sharon.email@example.com
For further information on our divorce and separation services make sure to get in touch with Taylor Bracewell today.