MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Doncaster Office
Sheffield Office

Sheffield is on the way to becoming the home of Yorkshire’s tallest building!

28 October 2019

Brad Whiteley

The award for Sheffield’s tallest building is currently held by St Pauls Tower at 101 metres tall. Leeds has a 114 metre student scheme being constructed but Sheffield is on its way to beating this with Code Co-Livings planning application which has recently been submitted.

After searching for a site for several years, Code Co-Livings has just submitted a planning application for three buildings:

  • A 12 storey building.
  • A 16 storey building.
  • And the main 36 storey tower at 117 metres tall.

The plans includes 1,370 private apartments for rent (not only for students either). As well as communal spaces such as a gym, cinema room, dining and cafe facilities, 1st floor roof terrace and private study spaces. 

Whilst 90% of the apartments will be operated on a build to rent basis, owned and operated by Code Co-Living. The remaining 10% will be available for affordable housing.

Keep your eyes peeled as they await approval. They are hoping for a decision before Christmas 2019. If approved, Code are hoping to be on site by spring 2020.

Our Senior Property Lawyer, Brad Whiteley comments “This will make an impressive impact on Sheffield’s skyline and add to the already planned improvements within the City Centre.

This is an exciting time for Sheffield City Centre and Taylor Bracewell are proud to be one of the leading providers of Residential and Commercial Property services for local residents and businesses.”

For any assistance in any residential or commercial conveyancing matters please contact our Senior Property Lawyer,  Brad Whiteley on 0114 399 0092 or email brad@taylorbracewell.co.uk .